Erin Rathier

musings of a ragtag heart

So much of the time I sit and think about my choices in the past or the things I hope for in the future, and I often have to remind myself to embrace today.  We talk about it a lot, but if we are honest, we are often living somewhere other than today.

I am in a bit of a waiting period right now.  I moved from working full time, to staying home full time.   I know God has new things for us, but I also know we are not to those new things yet.  This morning, I started wishing for things in our past, and formulating for the new things.  So, I had to take a minute and look around TODAY…it took me a few minutes, but God began to fill my heart with the things of today; my amazing husband and how hard he works to care for us, my 12 year old playing all day with his friends, my ten year old making us breakfast, dinner in the crockpot, and the freedom to rest before our homeschooling year kicks off.

Most of all, I am filled with the amazing love of a God who sent His Son to pay the price for all the wrong choices in my past, today and my future.  So on a day when I am feeling a bit anxious for the next phase, and I am tempted to spend all day thinking about it, I am reminded to enjoy this moment, to look around and embrace what God is filling my life with today.

Embrace Today

I know some of you are not feeling like there is much filling your life today.  I would love to pray with you!  I also encourage you to spend some time with God…just talk to Him and tell him anything on your mind.  He will meet you where you are every time.

Dear God, everything in my life is not as I want it.  Forgive me for not being content.  Help me to be thankful for the good things I see around me today.  Give me patience and help me to trust you.  Amen.

I am so glad you joined me today.  Please follow my blog if you have not yet done so, so I can let you know when I have new content!  Also, comment below and let me know what you are embracing today!

7 thoughts on “Embrace Today

1. Mari Landreth says:

Beautifully written Erin. I even texted up. Thank you for such a important reminder. I will be praying for you in this new season and would greatly appreciate your prayers as well.

1. erinrathier says:

Thank you Mari, for sharing, and for the prayers. I will praying for you as well!

2. Mari Landreth says:

Silly autocorrect- I even teared up it should have read.

3. Barbara says:

Thank you, well said. Prayers for you as you continue to wait for the next journey and blessings as you enjoy each new day.

1. erinrathier says:

Thank you Barbara!

4. Linda Owen says:

Erin, you are an amazing woman of God.
    I will never forget the first time I actually met you……..when you shared at the Women’s Ministry Luncheon. You had my heart from that moment on.
    I am sure that God has something very special for you.
    He never closes one door without opening another. I pray that He is so close to you right now, that you will KNOW the door as you get near it. That it will open with such newness and freshness in your ministry for Him that you will be AMAZED!
    I pray blessing upon blessing for your wonderful family.
    I still have my prayer card on my mirror to remember to pray for the student you gave me. Your heart for youth and others is truly a gift from God to so many.
    Thanking Him for your touch on my life.
    Love, prayers and hugs,
    Linda

1. erinrathier says:

Oh Linda, you made me cry! Thank you so much for all of this. It has certainly been my pleasure to get to know you and watch Julia grow in so many ways! Let’s make sure to keep our friendship growing!!